In honor of the 50th anniversary of Wilt Chamberlain’s 100 point game. I’ve decided to do a Top-20 list of unbreakable sports records.
These are not in any particular order, just as it came to mind.
I tried to focus on positive records, not negative ones. I know Brett Favre’s interception record is in there, but seriously, who else is going to be so good that they’re going to get the opportunity to throw that many interceptions?
- Wilt Chamberlain 100 point game
- Joe Dimaggio’s 56 game hit streak
- Brett Favre’s 297 Start Record
- Barry Sanders’ 2,850 rushing yards in one NCAA season
- Celtics’ 8 consecutive NBA Championships
- Brett Favre’s 336 Interceptions
- Bill Russell’s 11 Championships
- Wilt Chamberlain’s 50.4 PPG in one season
- Rickey Henderson 1406 Stolen bases
- Wayne Gretzky 2857 Points
- Cal Ripken Jr’s 2632 game streak
- Hank Wilson 191 RBI in one season
- CY Young 749 Complete Games
- Babe Ruth’s .690 Career slugging percentage
- Wayne Gretzky 9 MVP Awards
- Nolan Ryan 7 No hitters
- Jerry Rice 22,895 Receiving Yards
- Lance Armstrong’s 7 Consecutive Tour De France Victories
- Night Train Lane’s 14 Interceptions in one season
- CY Young’s 511 Career Wins